- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any agreement between us (the supplier) and you (the customer) for the sale of goods and for providing a service.
- These Terms and Conditions may only be varied in writing by a Director of Southern Microscopes.
Service and Maintenance
- We shall visit the required site(s) at a mutually acceptable time to carry out the service.
- A service involves the instruments being stripped down to the main components. All mechanical movements will be cleaned and re-greased. All optical surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned
- and checked. Instruments will be reassembled, checked and re-align the components and optics. We will report to the customer any major problems or defects.
- A service worksheet will be completed after each service giving details of what has been carried outs.
- Worksheet copies will be left with the end user, a copy sent with the relevant invoice and a copy retained by Southern Microscopes.
- Any periods quoted for despatch of delivery of goods are estimated and shall not become conditions or terms.
- We reserve the right to deliver goods by instalment in any sequence and to deliver a separate invoice in respect of each instalment.
- You shall be responsible for ensuring that your use of the goods complies with all relevant statues, statutory instruments and regulations and shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified
- against all claims and liabilities suffered or occurred by us as a result of any non-compliance on your part.
- Although we shall endeavour to ensure that all goods are carefully packed and dispatched, you must inspect the goods promptly on delivery. In the event that there were any goods missing
- or damaged, please inform us within 14 days.
- Call out response time is a maximum of 48 hours, unless there are unforeseen delays or if parts required are out of stock.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of value-added tax or any other duties and are valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Prices also exclude the costs of carriage and packaging, which shall be included on the invoice.
- Prices and quantity discounts are offered as per the Framework Agreement.
- Parts, extra instruments and repairs will be charged as extra on the invoice.
- Each site visit may be subject to a travel and expense charge.
- Your account must be paid in accordance with the invoice. All invoices for maintenance, servicing, call out to repairs, workshop repairs and parts or instruments supplied must be paid
- for in full (including VAT) within 30 days of the date on the invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
- If the organisation is VAT exempt, an authorised VAT exempt form must be supplied either with the contract or on the date work is carried out.
- Non-payment on a due date will entitle us to request payment on any outstanding balances.
- If you fail to pay any outstanding debts to us, we are entitled to suspend all deliveries or maintenance contracts until further notice.